Assistant Production Manager
Brigg North Lincolnshire
Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
£35,000 – £38,000 + Bonus + Benefits
An established privately owned Food Manufacturing business on the outskirts of Brigg are looking to hire an experienced Production Supervisor to tep into an Assistant Production Manager role within this exciting site. Ideally you will have Food, FMCG, Pharma and packaging experience and open to developing into this 50/50 hands on hands off role.
This is a key role within the business and one that will see you involved in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, including managing production, materials, projects, and all quality aspects of manufacturing.
You’ll also be responsible for implementing changes to increase the efficiency of manufacturing processes by managing timescales and improving project work flows. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily stock control and planning for production
- Control of materials, planning and ordering.
- Management of quality tracking procedures.
- Label design & handling compliance
- Quality control of materials and finished products.
- Machinery maintenance liaison and project planning
- Managing production staff and recruitment / training.
- Responsible for making sure company compliance and audits are upheld.
- Monthly stock take and ordering
- Assist with loading & picking orders.
- Assist with operations and production.
- Maintaining health and safety policies
- Management of the production team and project management
- Assist in the development of the company and future projects.
This is a varied role and one that will see you working with the entire business. As such, you will need the following skills and experience for your application to be considered:
- Experience working within food manufacturing
- Organised, with good interpersonal skills
- Hands on, able to support the production processes
- Knowledge of MRP Systems
- LEAN Production / Manufacturing experience
- Hands on engineering experience (desirable)
- Health & Safety knowledge
In return you’ll work in an autonomous and fast paced environment where you’ll play an active part in keeping the businesses production flowing smoothly, on time and within budget. You’ll also receive a very attractive salary and benefits package, coupled with the chance to grow and develop your career with a reputable business.
|Job Category||Full time|